When you’re having a bad day, it’s easy to get down in the dumps and be miserable, isn’t it? And then all it takes is for a stranger not to hold a door open for you and you’re like, ‘everyone’s so damn RUDE!’ Well, we know how you feel. Yeah – we’re talking to you, fella who barged in front of us in the queue for the Post Office last week… RUDE.
But it’s not all bad. In fact, people are doing a whole heap of nice stuff for others all the time. Don’t believe us? Check out these fifty great examples:
1. This busy chap stops rushing to his train to help this elderly lady on the stairs. Nice.
2. Every day this man takes all the uneaten rolls and bagels from his deli to a homeless shelter and hands them out to the needy.
3. On spotting a beached dolphin, he ran straight into the sea to save it.
4. This runner slowed down to help her fellow athlete drink, losing her first place position.
5. How thoughtful is this?
6. Everybody needs good neighbours…
7. Here’s the Mayor of Chicago taking up a fellow train passenger’s offer to wish her friend good luck for a job interview.
8. Japanese commuters club together to help free a woman train under a train. She survived.
9. What a great scheme!
10. The cop is the perfect gentleman, he bought shoes for a homeless guy.
11. This kid never thought he’d crowd surf. Brilliant!
12. Protests in the Middle East are halted for an unlikely birthday message…
14. This lady eats lunch with the homeless every day.
15. The dog’s memory lives on with this gesture.
16. This barber gives haircuts and shaves to local homeless men once a week entirely for free.
17. The perfect housemate.
18. Hurricane victim receives neighbourly support.
19. A life saver!
20. This one’s above and beyond, surely!
21. This teacher isn’t allowed to give extra tuition in her school, so she does it on the steps.
22. This hobo is returning a diamond ring that a someone donating money into his paper cup accidentally dropped. The couple went on to make sure that the man was homed and in employment within a year.
23. This enterprising man utilises a large table umbrella as a rain shield for two old timers. Sweet!
24. This young boy won a local Easter egg scavenger hunt, winning $1,000. Thinking of the sick little girl next door, the first thing he said was, ‘how much chemotherapy can $1,000 get?’ What a little guy!
25. This man is patiently teaching his wife the alphabet again after she had a stroke.
26. This scrapyard dealer had no hesitations about returning this lady’s life savings after he discovered she’d left them in an old fridge which she’d thrown away.
27. A motorcyclist stopping to help a lady cross the road.
28. The man on the right donated his shoes to this shoeless homeless man and declared it didn’t matter because ‘he only lived a few minutes away’.
29. This cop hands out food at the day center – food he’s bought himself!
30. The milkman makes your day!
31. Sportsmanship at its best.
32. They’re not all bad!
33. After a crisis or local disaster, this is particularly useful. Call friends and family to let them know you’re okay.
34. Here’s a Marine looking after a baby rabbit. Aaaah!
35. Free snacks!
36. This runner in second place tells the leader – who is slowly down – that the finish line isn’t coming up just yet. Top notch sportsmanship from the man!
37. This firefighter’s just risked his life to save this lady’s cat.
38. Incredible scenes. This cop’s just handcuffed himself to a suicidal woman and thrown away the key to stop her from jumping (and taking him with her).
39. This injured softball is carried over bases by the opposition so she still gets her home run. Wonderful.
40. This guy reads to his colleague every lunchtime because his friend cannot read.
41. Strangers come together to wash a dog’s eyes after a tear gas attack.
42. To protect and serve (and tie shoelaces).
43. What would you do?
44. Irish rugby captain visits a sick little girl on the day of winning the coveted Heineken Cup.
44. This guy was nailed on to be a college hammer champ but decided to give it all up when he discovered he was a perfect bone marrow match for a friend.
45. He’s carrying a tortoise across the road!
46. More lunchtime niceness!
See? What did we tell you? People are basically pussy cats deep down. If some of these random acts of kindness cheered you up, why not do something nice yourself and pay it forward? Send this to a friend now!